Sunday 16 June 2013

Narrative

Narratives- Fractured Fairy tales

We are learning to write a fictional narrative by adapting a fairy tale.

We will know we can do this when we can..
Follow the Writing Process – planning, draft copy, editing and publishing
Have a title
Write three paragraphs: an Orientation, a Complication and a Resolution
Write in past tense
Use direct speech (dialogue)
Use onomatopoeia, questions and similes to create pictures with words and build suspense

Noah said,"I have been learning to write a spooky narrative.  A narrative is a made up story.  It has three parts - an orientation, complication and a resolution with a happy ending.  I learnt how to make my writing exciting with similes and sounds (onomatopoeia).  I like my story because it has lots of ideas  to hook the reader.  Next Step: I will put more spooky stuff in it."

No comments:

Post a Comment